- Microsoft Office 2007 requires the installation of SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services SP2 to support all of its business intelligence features. Features of Microsoft Office 2007 that require SP2 will be disabled when running against an instance of Analysis Services that does not have SP2 installed.
- The performance of local cubes, grouping, and subselects have been substantially improved.
- MDX query performance has been improved with respect to subselects, arbitrary shapes, running sum calculations, visual totals, ROLAP dimensions, cell writeback, many-to-many dimensions, 64-bit NUMA hardware, semi-additive measures and unary operators.
- The functionality of subselects has changed.
- A warning message now appears when a user-defined hierarchy is not defined as a natural hierarchy.
- The MDX Drilldown* functions have a new argument that allows you to specify drilldown on specified tuples only.
- The SCOPE_ISOLATION property has been added to the MDX CREATE MEMBER function.
This property enables session-scoped and query-defined calculations to be resolved before calculations in the cube rather than after.
- Numerous functionality and performance-related bugs have been incorporated.
Specifically, improvements have been made to incremental processing, usage-based aggregation design algorithms, backward and forward compatibility, parent-child security, partition query scalability, cell writeback and the Time Intelligence Wizard.
- The performance and functionality of the neural network viewer has been improved and support for multiple nested tables has been added.
- The performance of naïve bayes predictions have been improved through caching of commonly used attributes.
- Neural network training has been improved through better utilization of memory with sparse training data sets and better utilization of multiple threads during error computation (SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition feature).
- Limited support for data mining viewers with local mining models has been added.
- The redistribution of data mining viewer controls is now dependent upon ADOMD.NET.